Who is Jeff Bonano
Jeff has lived in the Sparks Community for almost 30 years and within the Reno/Sparks Community for almost 40 years. He is currently an Art and Design Lead with CustomInk and was previously a Site Facilities Coordinator for both Vaughn and Dilworth Middle Schools with the Washoe County School District.
He is also the host on the podcast called Sparks of Interest and Do Something Nice! You can visit those websites and listen in at sparksofinterest.net and dosomethingnice.net
He has held positions on the Executive Board for Washoe Education Support Professionals and is currently on the lead team with the CustomInk Three Hearts Volunteer Team.
Jeff is also serving as the current chair on RTC's Citizen's MultiModal Advisory Committee and making recommendations to the RTC board while giving input and proposals related to multi-modal transportation issues.
Jeff is actively involved with the community and recently received a second President's Volunteer Service Award.
Jeff is happily married to his beautiful wife Angelena and is Father to his two beautiful daughters Alyssa and Vivian.
Jeff as a leader
Jeff believes in the platinum rule, which is to treat others how they would want to be treated. He is engaged with others and regularly looks for new ways to improve his leadership skills. He wants to help others grow and seeing their success motivates him to keep going.
Transparency is also important with all of us so that we know and understand what is happening as this community grows.
But most importantly, as a leader in the community, Jeff looks for ways serve those in need so they have what they need to enjoy life.
These are some of the core values he believes a leader should follow. These are the same values he lives by and he is willing to share his experiences with you.
Facts about Jeff
- Currently an Art & Design Lead with Custom Ink and has been with the company for over 5 years.
- Host to the podcast Sparks of Interest and Do Something Nice
- Previously 2018 candidate for city of Sparks Mayor
- Previously was a Site Facilities Coordinator for both Vaughn and Dilworth Middle Schools and was with the Washoe County School District for almost 7 years.
- Was a previous small business owner for 8 years working in digital media and print.
- Husband to Angelena Bonano and Father to his two beautiful daughters Alyssa and Vivian.
- Has lived in the Sparks Community for almost 30 years and within the Reno/Sparks Community for almost 40 years.
- Attended Truckee Meadows Community College.
Community Involvement and Volunteering
- Currently serving as chair on RTC's Citizen's MultiModal Advisory Committee, making recommendations to the RTC board while giving input and proposals related to multi-modal transportation issues.
- While with the WCSD, held an elected position on the Executive Board for Washoe Education Support Professionals (WESP) until he pursued a position with Custom Ink.
- Is an active community volunteer through Custom Ink’s Three Hearts Volunteer Initiative (3HVT), volunteering for organizations such as KTMB, the Domestic Violence Resource Center, The Children’s Cabinet, the Humane Society, and more.
- Serves on the 3HVT Lead team, organizing future volunteer events within our local communities.
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the President’s Volunteer Service Award issued by the White House in 2016 and 2017 for his commitment to volunteering within the community.
- He was also part of the team which accepted the 2016 Nevada Governor’s Volunteer Points of Light Award.
- Was a Judge for the 2017 Nevada Governor's Volunteer Points of Light Award.
- Recently Nominated for the prestigious Golden Rule award with Custom Ink for making a difference in someone else's life.