Who is Jeff Bonano outside of the sound booth?
Jeff has lived in the Sparks Community for almost 30 years and within the Reno/Sparks Community for almost 40 years. He is currently a Voice-Over Artist, a podcast host for the "Do Something Nice" podcast, and an Art and Design Lead with CustomInk.
He has held positions on the Executive Board for Washoe Education Support Professionals and is currently on the lead team with the CustomInk Three Hearts Volunteer Team.
Jeff is actively involved with the community by serving on the RTC's Citizen's MultiModal Advisory Committee while previously holding the roles of Chair and Vice-Chair. He previously ran for local office back in 2018 for City Mayor as well. Jeff has also been awarded the President's Volunteer Service Award twice.
Jeff is happily married to his beautiful wife Angelena and is Father to his two beautiful daughters Alyssa and Vivian.
Jeff behind the microphone
Jeff believes in the platinum rule, which is to treat others how they would want to be treated. Something he believes in expanding to his clients. He makes every attempt to provide a fast turn around time and wants to make sure anyone he works with has an amazing experience.
His experience with voice over began in 2009 when he began a small video production service where he voiced his own projects for clients. Later he gained experience with public speaking and eventually podcasting when he founded the "Sparks of Interest" podcast with his friends Dennis Bagley II and Peggy Rew. He enjoyed it so much that he branched off and created the "Do Something Nice" podcast which he is still producing weekly!
In 2018 Jeff decided he wanted to make more time in his voiceover career as well. He now wants to work with you on your next project, big or small.
Facts about Jeff
- Actively providing voice over service as a Voice Over Artist.
- Currently an Art & Design Lead with Custom Ink and has been with the company for over 5 years.
- Host to the podcast Do Something Nice and past host to the Sparks of Interest
- Previously 2018 candidate for city of Sparks Mayor
- Was a previous small business owner for 8 years working in digital media and print.
- Husband to Angelena Bonano and Father to his two beautiful daughters Alyssa and Vivian.
- Student of the Voiceover school with direction from voice talent Amanda Sellers and Mike Shurko.
- Attended Truckee Meadows Community College.
Community Involvement and Volunteering
- Currently serving his community on RTC's Citizen's MultiModal Advisory Committee, with past roles as Chair and Vice Chair. Making recommendations to the RTC board while giving input and proposals related to multi-modal transportation issues.
- While with the WCSD, held an elected position on the Executive Board for Washoe Education Support Professionals (WESP) until he pursued a position with Custom Ink.
- Is an active community volunteer through Custom Ink’s Three Hearts Volunteer Initiative (3HVT), volunteering for organizations such as KTMB, the Domestic Violence Resource Center, The Children’s Cabinet, the Humane Society, and more.
- Serves on the 3HVT Lead team, organizing future volunteer events within our local communities.
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the President’s Volunteer Service Award issued by the White House in 2016 and 2017 for his commitment to volunteering within the community.
- He was also part of the team which accepted the 2016 Nevada Governor’s Volunteer Points of Light Award.
- An ongoing Judge for the Nevada Governor's Volunteer Points of Light Award beginning back in 2017.
- Recently Nominated for the prestigious Golden Rule award with Custom Ink for making a difference in someone else's life.