Jeff behind the microphone
You know that voice you hear when you watch an explainer video, or the one in that local radio advertisement? Maybe you hear a voice who is telling you the menu options on the phone when calling a company, or you might be listening to that faceless narrator of a story or audio book. That might be me!
I believe in the platinum rule, which is to treat others how they would want to be treated. Something I believe in expanding to my clients. I make every attempt to provide a fast turn around time and want to make sure anyone I work with has an amazing experience.
I am a voice over artist who can provide you with a conversational male voice that connects well with Millennials, Gen X, and Gen Y.
I can offer different tones and styles including:
- Mid-Deep tone voices
- General American Accent, Western Accents, West Coast (California, Oregon etc...) Accents, Mid-Atlantic Accent
- Various unique character voices
- Conversational, Comical-Timing, Voice of God, Guy Next Door, and much more
I am diverse with the type of projects you can use my voice for including:
- Commercials (TV/Radio/Internet)
- Explainer Videos
- Audiobooks / Narration
- Video Games
- Anything else you can think of
Some of my clients include Custom Ink, Oishei Children's Hospital, CANPrevent Child Abuse Task Force, Global Online Speednetworking, Entrepreneurs Magazine, and ES3.
My experience with voice over began in 2009 when I began a small video production service where I voiced my own projects for clients. Later I gained experience with public speaking and eventually podcasting when I founded the "Sparks of Interest" podcast with my friends Dennis Bagley II and Peggy Rew. I enjoyed it so much that I branched off and created the "Do Something Nice" podcast which I am still producing weekly!
In 2018 I decided I wanted to make more time in my voiceover career as well. I have learned a huge portion of my trade from the amazing Amanda Sellers who has voiced for clients such as Axe, Toyota, and even was the voice of Akonita in the popular game Skyforge. Additionally I learned from the ever talented Mike Schurko who you may have heard in commercials from Samsung, GoPro, Burger King, and even Macy's!
As an alumni of The Voiceover School, I have the skills necessary to produce an amazing experience for my clients and I now want to work with you on your next project, big or small.
Who is Jeff Bonano outside of the sound booth?
I have lived in the Sparks Community for almost 30 years and within the Reno/Sparks Community for almost 40 years. I am one of the few Voice-Over Artist in my area, I'm a podcast host for the "Do Something Nice" podcast, and an Art and Design Lead with CustomInk.
I am actively involved with my community by regularly volunteering with some of my favorite non-profits including The Children's Cabinet, NV Volunteers, and the Humane Society. I also serve on my local transportation committee and in 2018 ran for local office as well. I have also been awarded the President's Volunteer Service Award twice.
I'm happily married to my beautiful wife Angelena and am a father to our two beautiful daughters Alyssa and Vivian.
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the President’s Volunteer Service Award issued by the White House in 2016 and 2017 for my commitment to volunteering within the community.
- I was also part of the team which accepted the 2016 Nevada Governor’s Volunteer Points of Light Award.
- Am an ongoing Judge for the Nevada Governor's Volunteer Points of Light Award beginning back in 2017.
- Nominated for the prestigious 2017 Golden Rule award with Custom Ink for making a difference in someone else's life.
Community Involvement and Volunteering
- Active community volunteer by volunteering for local organizations such as KTMB, the Domestic Violence Resource Center, The Children’s Cabinet, the Humane Society, NV Volunteers and more.
- Currently serving on his local Transportation Committee.
- Served on the 3HVT Lead team, organizing future volunteer events within his local community.
- Previously served on his local school districts Union Board.
Facts About Jeff
- Actively providing voice over service as a Voice Over Artist.
- Host to the podcast Do Something Nice and past host to the Sparks of Interest
- Currently an Art & Design Lead with Custom Ink and has been with the company for over 6 years.
- Previously 2018 candidate for city of Sparks Mayor
- Was a previous small business owner for 8 years working in digital media and print.
- Husband to Angelena Bonano and Father to his two beautiful daughters Alyssa and Vivian.
- Student of the Voiceover school with direction from voice talent Amanda Sellers and Mike Shurko.
- Attended Truckee Meadows Community College.